One Piece - Grand Line Adventures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 posters

Marksman... and stats

Yousei
    Yousei
    Sailor

Beli : 0

Marksman... and stats Empty Marksman... and stats

Post by Yousei Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:49 pm

Maybe a bit more of an issue than a question. Since this is in beta, maybe make a bug/findings/reports thread or something, or a section, idk. Beta not my expertise really.

K, back to the thing. Well, basically after checking out the Development Logs we have, I noticed that unlike most of us, our Marine-chan dumped a lot in speed. Then I realized she doesn't really need the other stats as a marksman, you don't need high strength to pull the trigger, you don't really need health either as you're staying in range and do not plan to take any hits (+ marksmen are never tanky) so since there is no such stat as accuracy, all that matters is repositioning.

What we have now seems fine for physical characters. You know, hand to hand and weapon users. But weapons, I meant the ones you can swing at your enemy, not shoot mostly due to my points above.

So, Idk, I suppose I should go with some sort of suggestion now, otherwise I'd look like complaining. Maybe do not have Majors at all, and make them Class dependent? At least the strength stat surely could be moved under the class stats and called, idk Mastery or something. For Marksmen that would mean accuracy and proficiency at using more advanced guns and suches, for Swordsmen allow more powerful blade techniques, maybe also allow wielding more powerful blades themselves. A side note - what if I want to make a spear user, what class? For the hand2hand, that would be much like the basic strength, for medicals new procedures and knowledge. But, I do feel like that would be double stat because class already has a stat, right? And it's pretty much what I just said. I also feel that taking the strength stat away would screw this up even more, because we only have 3 stats as it is, thats not much really compared to NRPG where we have 5. Then again, there's no chakra here, but we could still include stamina or whatever. Maybe separate health into Durability and Vitality, one being how much damage you can take/resist, the other being regeneration and from how much you can recover, maybe also serve as the same stamina stat I mean, spelling how much you can fight without tiring yourself down.

I'm pretty sure there is more I could add to it, but nothing comes to mind right now, so I'll leave it as it is and if I come up with something I'll say it later.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Beli : 500

Marksman... and stats Empty Re: Marksman... and stats

Post by Dragon Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:57 pm

Thing is, marksmen are traditionally weak at hand-to-hand. If you went against the marksman marine and were able to get in for a nice few punches, that'd probably be it for her, having spent her points on speed rather than health, and she can't fight back easily with low strength.

This risks becoming too complicated, in conjunction with another suggestion being to make a Techniques area. At the moment, techniques are tied to the weapon, but if I split them to allow certain classes to get certain techs (they can't be fruit-related techs, those are fruit-specific) then the techs would also have to be tied to the new stats!
    Danny Boy
    Danny Boy
    Sailor

Beli : 500

Post by Danny Boy Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:26 am

Few Things @Both of you
    - If marksmen had low strength and health, they would be demolished if someone got close enough to them and do not forget they still have limited ammo and if one's health stat is high enough bullets won't phase them, although I'm assuming that would be at a fairly high rank 8-10.

- Measuring accuracy I agree is an issue. Dragon, if you let me explain that one site's attribute system you may be able to build off of it. Although you must also take into your calculations that guns of these times are not so accurate unless you have a rifle and or are point blank with a pistol. It is also much harder to hit a moving target even if you are quick at aiming.

- I feel like health should stay as the durability and I believe people should recover just as any normal person would. The health, or durability, could also be used to see how far someone could survive in the midst of battle. (e.g. They have high health they could keep fighting even with a cut off limb for a bit longer than a normal person.) In my opinion, I don't think we should include stamina or post limits in a site, people should know at what point their character is fatigued. Also, a single post does not regulate how much time has passed, for example one post could be 3 seconds and another could be the time span of 3 days. Without stamina, one has more freedom in the roleplaying world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 pm