One Piece - Grand Line Adventures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Asking the members: pvp system

Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Beli : 500

Asking the members: pvp system Empty Asking the members: pvp system

Post by Dragon Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:08 pm

So when we get to the Grand Line or if a bar brawl of sorts breaks out, we'll need a pvp system. But I don't want a complex one - would the below idea do?

Major areas: Everyone gets 5 points to distribute between the 3 areas, maximum in each area is 4. Can't gain more points except for once - if a 3,000 word post is made, training this area.

Minor areas: Start with 2 points, can distribute them among the minors however they like. Maximum in each area is 10. Gain points to spend by doing roleplay topics including fights. The topic's posts by the user must exceed 2000 words in total for one point. One point per topic. Maximum is 10 for each area. Maximum for entire lot is 20(?).*

Bodily alters: Start with 0. Gain points to spend by doing roleplay topics including fights with the powers. The topic's posts by the user must exceed 2000 words in total for one point. Maximum is 10 for each area. Maximum for all is 16.*

* = clarification: 2,000 words total, not 2,000 per post!

When making items, devil fruit, etc, at least one of these items must correspond to that item. Marksman links to guns, swordsmanship always swords and medical always medical items. Musician links to musical items.

The specific abilities these grant to the items the user owns have to be detailed on the item page. A 4 in marksmanship on a flintlock pistol item may grant fairly reasonable accuracy and may enable the user to hit someone running around with 2 speed, but this 4 in marksmanship on a cannon the user is carrying about may only allow them to only just hit a target from 100 metres away (assuming the previous 3rd level allowed 75 metres or something)

MAJOR AREAS
    Health
    Speed
    Strength

MINOR AREAS
    Swordsmanship
    Marksman
    Musician
    Medical

BODILY ALTERS
    Devil Fruit Power
    Cyborg Power

More areas can be added over time.
    Kyodo M. Kino
    Sailor

Asking the members: pvp system Empty Re: Asking the members: pvp system

Post by Kyodo M. Kino Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:33 am

Add Haki to the minor area, needs tah be der. >>

Rest seems good (~o.o)~
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Post by Dragon Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:52 am

Cool. What if we made the minor areas 'specialities' instead, and added the cookery speciality - people can only choose one spec, but that spec can go from 0-10, and it is trained?
    Kyodo M. Kino
    Sailor

Post by Kyodo M. Kino Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 am

Nowyou'rejustgoingoverwhatIsuggestedinthechat.->-
    Danny Boy
    Danny Boy
    Sailor

Post by Danny Boy Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:03 am

Why is musician in there? Who's gonna put things into that?

Also, what about all the other thousands of different weapons?

I would make these the minor things:

Weaponry (People choose what category of weapons they are increasing such as, rifles, large swords, hand to hand)
    Haki (Once you get to a certain level of this you gain the different types or abilities)
    Medical (obvious)
    Inventing (the higher you get the cheaper items get and the more things you can make)

It shouldn't be every post by the user has to be over 2k words in the topic, that's just over doing it, make it go by posts and people should start out with at least 4. Maybe say that you can only go post 5 in two of the categories also, weapons being an exception.

As for Bodily alters make sure to say, people have to choose one or the other they can't have both which is already a given, but still :/ Unless you already did and I'm blind.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Post by Dragon Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:11 am

Musician's a sort of bard class. For example, playing music may increase the health of the crew member's crew by 1 for the duration that the music is being played.

I don't want to make it too complicated - swordsmanship covers cutlasses, swords and daggers. Marksmanship covers pistols. Sure, there could be a hand-to-hand area.

So how about:
    Swordsman
    Marksman
    Medical

- as CLASSES that each person chooses one of when making a character, and can train in that area from 0-10...

Then for 'minor' skills that can also be trained, but anyone can train these:

Shipwright
    Musician
    Chef
    Haki (I need to read up to the Sabo arc to fully understand this though, from what I heard)

and maximum in EACH is 10, and maximum in ALL COMBINED is something like 25? (Dunno values to use yet)

Also, Danny, I said in the clarification that it has to be 2k in the entire topic, not each post! 10 posts of 200 words, for example!
    Danny Boy
    Danny Boy
    Sailor

Post by Danny Boy Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:16 am

I dunno if Haki would be a minor, but...

And the way you worded it says the posts have to be over 2000, not they have to add up to 2000.

Anyways your site, just my suggestions.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Post by Dragon Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:49 am

True, though I wouldn't want to do something people weren't happy with!
    Kuma
    Sailor

Beli : 0

Post by Kuma Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:49 pm

Should have like five stats:

Strength: physical power

Durability: physical resilience

Dexterity: A rough measure of a character's skill with their weapon of choice.

Speed: Simple speed

Intellegence: Mental strength(haki would be based of this stat
    )
    Danny Boy
    Danny Boy
    Sailor

Post by Danny Boy Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:54 pm

This topic is closed, and we aren't basing intelligence on a stat. Plus we already have a system for weapon use, please refer to the rules for more information.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Post by Dragon Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:30 pm

(Side note: Luffy in theory has low intelligence but good Haki use Razz)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 4:20 am