One Piece - Grand Line Adventures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 posters

Specialization Generalization?

Talion
    Talion
    Sailor

Beli : 500

Specialization Generalization? Empty Specialization Generalization?

Post by Talion Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:23 pm

Well, I would suggest implementing the idea of a brawler simply as a specialization. How they go about it, is up to them. Brawlers, like Sanji, are more than capable of being on par against people with weapons. If they choose to be a brawler, they don't have weapon specializations or get any bonuses from them.

If I were you, I would implement weapon BONUSES, not stats. Like for example, a sword gives someone a boost of dexterity and a gun gives a boost of accuracy. Agility could be worked in there too, it doesn't matter those are just examples. Brawlers would simply have the chance to "level up" their stats, like strength and health, faster than those that have weapons though since they don't get items to help them in combat. Like instead of a 2000 word count, it's a 1,500 word count. And they have 1 or 2 bonus starting points.

That's what I would do if I were you, if you're so adamant about a stat system. There needs to be more detail to it. I know you just started though, but that's why we're here to help. I believe there should be some sort of system, to keep the power house factor in check.
    Danny Boy
    Danny Boy
    Sailor

Specialization Generalization? Empty Re: Specialization Generalization?

Post by Danny Boy Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:19 pm

We're already discussing things to do for a hand to hand combat class or something of such.
    Talion
    Talion
    Sailor

Post by Talion Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:20 pm

Dragon asked me to put it here, so I did. And I have yet to see a well involved discussion about this anyway
    Danny Boy
    Danny Boy
    Sailor

Post by Danny Boy Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:27 pm

You wouldn't have seen it, the discussions were in CB and over Skype, the CB gets cleared all the time. For everyone's convenience, including myself, I will make sure we work to get that completed as quickly as possible. Also the reduced word count requirement and bonus starting stats are a big no no.
    Talion
    Talion
    Sailor

Post by Talion Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:29 pm

I'm just putting up what Dragon asked me to. If he likes the ideas he'll use them. None of us speak for him. Skype and CB are not as permanent of discussion areas as a forum though, hence why it is here.
    Joben
    Joben
    Sailor

Beli : 0

Post by Joben Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:32 pm

i think what he meant was that somebody who specialized in brawler or hand to hand would only need 1500 to advance a level for that but still 2000 to advance a level in swordsmanship. Its an interesting idea.
    Talion
    Talion
    Sailor

Post by Talion Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:34 pm

Exactly. Since weapons would (should?) give them stat bonuses, having the ability to power up sooner and easier would keep them on par for those that level up yet have assisting items and weapons.
    Danny Boy
    Danny Boy
    Sailor

Post by Danny Boy Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:40 pm

What does it have anything to do with Dragon if I post here? Where here did I speak for him? I haven't even mentioned his name once. Please show a bit more respect, the way you are replying to me trying to be helpful is very rude.

Just because you have a weapon does not mean you are stronger, any hand to hand combatant could be just as powerful as a weapon user, so why would hand to hand combatants be able to gain stats for a lower cost? Weapons do not give you stat boosts and anyone can have items/weapons it's not like it's restricted to only swordsmen.

If this is not what you are trying to say, please explain to me what you are trying to get at, so I can be of further assistance.
    Talion
    Talion
    Sailor

Post by Talion Thu Aug 15, 2013 2:40 pm

It's a method to keep the levels fair, that way you don't have swordsmen going up against a boxer automatically cutting them down. You can't tell me that a sword doesn't give someone an advantage.

And I found your responses passive aggressive, and dismissing. Like I shouldn't have even put the topic up in the first place. But it's whatever, I don't really care *waves hand* I meant no offense
    Joben
    Joben
    Sailor

Beli : 0

Post by Joben Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:27 pm

Them jedi mind tricks!
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Post by Dragon Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:24 pm

Hey hey guys, I told him to write this so everyone could give input on the actual topic at hand (his suggestion) because we don't have the entire forum on Skype or anything.

Please refrain from accusing each other of aggressiveness, etc.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am