One Piece - Grand Line Adventures

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 posters

Glyph: Heal

Yousei
    Yousei
    Sailor

Beli : 0

Glyph: Heal Empty Glyph: Heal

Post by Yousei Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:49 pm

Name: Glyph: Heal

Appearance:
    Spoiler:

Size: 30cm diameter

Class/Area for: Medic, unique to Magicians

Abilities:
    1: Can use the glyph so spread herbal brews, medicine, or other substances throughout the body, can boost regeneration, can heal minor wounds like scratches, small cuts/burns and the like. Max two times per thread.
    2: Can do body analysis, revealing injuries otherwise invisible to naked eye, can detect poisoning
    3: Can now heal deeper wounds, bigger cuts/burns/scratches, analysis can come up with an antidote if poisoned
    4: Can boost health by 1 for a thread. Cannot be done on the same person again for the next three threads, can only be done to a max of 2 people at one time
    5: Can inflict damage on the target, damaging their health stat by 1, making them feel ill and weak or even disabling them if they have less than 2 health. Lasts only during that thread. Can only be applied on one target at a time.
    6: Can now treat greater and more dangerous injuries like broken bones, severed veins, major flesh wounds, but nothing immediately lethal. Cannot heal lost limbs and such. Only one user per thread.
    7:  Can now boost or damage health by 2 using abilities number 4 and 5. Boosting can be applied to 3 people at a time
    8: Allows revitalization, restoring stamina, removing fatigue. Can boost speed and strength by 1. Cannot be applied together with boosted health. Can only apply on one target, lasts for one thread.
    9: Can boost or damage health by 3 using abilities number 4 and 5.
    10: Can now treat immediate grave injuries like damaged vital organs, severed arteries, lost limbs even. Cannot restore the brain, cannot restore destroyed organs or if the person is dead. Requires to treat immediately. Takes two full threads of recovery after. Lost limbs take 2 threads to regrow and 1 of recovery after. Only one user per thread.

Extra Information: Well, it is the seal/mark/glyph as you see it in the pictures. It can only be applied on touch. It is only visible while active, but if it like was used to boost health, then it will only be visible during the procedure and not throughout the entire effect. Healings usually take from a single to few posts to do, depending on the severity of the injury, if it's a simple scratch or a cut, it may be healed in one post, if its a more serious wound, the user may have to linger for more before the patient is stable. Most extreme wounds can take up a long time, although user may not be required to be there all the time (for example regrowing limbs is happening slowly over time once the seal is applied, the user is not required to be there always.)

Cost: 500? Idk, I dont really have anything else, but I'd like this to be my basic medical skill

Last edited by Yousei on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:25 am; edited 2 times in total
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Beli : 500

Glyph: Heal Empty Re: Glyph: Heal

Post by Dragon Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Note on number 6: severed arteries are lethal!
    Can you remove references to 'damage health' as this is a bit vague and at worst, can be overpowering, as a medic isn't meant to be strong offensively.

I like the rest, but can you add a cooldown and a time required to do the healings, in posts?

Thanks.
    Yousei
    Yousei
    Sailor

Post by Yousei Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:11 pm

Arteries isn't like immediately lethal, its more like you'd need a couple of minutes before you go out, unless it's on the surface, there is no pressure on it and it just goes spraying around, then I'm not sure. Anyway, moved treating arteries to number 10.

About health, both boosting and damaging health refers to numbers 4 and 5. At the top level one can damage health by 3, meaning you can resist it with 4 health. And it does not kill even if you do not resist it. I know medics are for healing, but everybody in a pirate crew fights, right? And same methods used to heal can cause damage if you know how to apply them. I'd like to leave that one, I can reduce the numbers if you want.

Made limited uses per thread for healings, two uses for minor and moderate injuries, one use for almost and grave injuries. Explained durations, but it uses good old common sense, like I don't intend or expect a broken bone to be just zap and healed in one post, it would be like 3, maybe 4 depending on how many bone broken and in what way. It could be 2 if its just a small fracture.

Is that okay?
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Post by Dragon Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:53 pm

Ok cool, can you just add a cooldown/limit on the 9th skill where it damages/boosts health like the others, just so it's all clear?
    Yousei
    Yousei
    Sailor

Post by Yousei Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:26 am

Okay, so I've specified that the boost/damage health is using abilities of 4 and 5. That means they have same restrictions which is only 2 uses for the boost per thread. And only one use of damage per thread.
    Dragon
    Dragon
    Owner

Post by Dragon Fri Aug 23, 2013 10:19 am

Glyph: Heal OPApproved_zpscd949eab

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:50 pm